Have you ever had to rummage through your spam and junk folders of your email client just to find an email that didn't show right to your inbox? We've all been in that situation, and it's really quite frustrating. In this blog post, we'll cover just how you can save time and unlock your productivity by Whitelisting an email, and making sure it shows up in your inbox - every time.
What is "Whitelisting"?
Whitelisting is the process of telling your email provider that you want the emails from a specific sender to show up directly in your inbox. Learning about this process is important because it could mean the difference of getting a notification about an important email, and not getting informed about it at all.
These whitelisted email addresses will always show up in your inbox, without fail, allowing you the peace of mind of knowing that you will be notified about any important emails, and never have to dig through hundreds of emails in your spam folder to find something important.
How to Whitelist an Email Address (Step-by-step)
We will be showing you the step-by-step process of whitelisting an email address on these platforms:
How to Whitelist an Email Address in Gmail
- 1Login to your Gmail account, and click the settings icon on the top right of the screen
- 2Select the tab “Filtered and Blocked Addresses”
- 3Select “Create a new filter”
- 4You can now enter the domains or addresses you want to whitelist.
- 5Click "Create Filter" to approve the newly set filter, and then set "Never send to Spam" to whitelist every email in the filter.
- 1Open the Gmail app on your device.
- 2Go to the Spam/Junk Folder
- 3Click on the message that you wanted to receive in your inbox.
- 4Click the button "Report Not Spam" on the header of the email
- 5You will now be able to receive messages from the sender straight into your inbox.
How to Whitelist an Email Address in Yahoo Mail
- 1Login to your Yahoo Mail account, and click the settings icon, then go into "More Settings" in the menu.
- 2Navigate to the "Filters" tab, and click "Add New Filters" to enter information about the sender or domain.
- 3From here, you are able to add any string of text to whitelist the message to go straight into your inbox. This can be a domain, an email address, or even any text in the body of the message.
- 1Open the Yahoo Mail app on your device.
- 2Click on the side bar on the left.
- 3Go to the spam folder
- 4Find the specific email that you wanted to receive in your inbox.
- 5Click the "Move" Option, and set the move location the Inbox.
How to Whitelist an Email Address in Microsoft Outlook
- 1Click on Settings, then click the option "View all Outlook Settings"
- 2Navigate to the "Junk Email" tab, then you will be met with the lists "Safe Senders and Domains" and "Safe Mailing Lists"
- 3You can now add the addresses or domains that you want to whitelist into these lists, and their messages will show up right to your inbox.
- 1Open the Microsoft Outlook app on your device.
- 2Find the specific email that you wanted to receive in your inbox.
- 3Click on the three dots/settings icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- 4Click the option "Move to focused inbox".
- 5A pop up screen should show up, then click "Move this and all future messages".